Here is my first WordPress plugin. It is meant to extend the excellent BDP-RSS plugin by Bryan Palmer. This plugin allows users who are logged in to a WordPress MU system to add feeds to the BDP-RSS feed aggregator from the sidebar. It is primarily designed to allow students to add the feed of their own blog to a class aggregate blog.
Please let me know what you think.
Just download, unzip, then drop the plugin into your plugins->BDPRSS folder and activate in the plugins menu.
Update: For some reason the control is not saving the options properly. I’ll fix it on Saturday morning.
Update: Version 1.2 released.
Changed the way that permissions work.
- Simplified things by only allowing registers users of the community to add their feeds.
- Gave admin the option of password protecting a blog so that only users who know the password can add feeds
As always, let me know what you think of the changed.
Update: Version 1.1 released.
- Fixed subtitle bug
- Added control over what type of user can add feeds.
- Global: Anyone can add a feed
- System: Anyone on the Mu System can add a feed.
- Blog: Only a subscriber to the specific blog that the widget is on can add a feed.
- Made it so that if a user cannot add a feed, they don’t even see the text box.